Keto, Paleo, Flexitarian, Pesciterian, Grain-free and Gluten-Free, and so on?
Most of you will answer, no! And most consumers and restaurant owners find these differences to be confusing :
Here we wanted to make it easy for you to know the difference :
- Vegan: getting daily nutrients from, fruits, beans, nuts, whole grains and vegetables, no foods originating form any animal.
- Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian: No meat, poultry, seafood, or meat products ( gelatin, broths, gravy, and lard). Yes to eggs and dairy products.
- Lacto-vegetarian: No meat (as above) plus no eggs or products containing eggs (such as many baked goods). Yes to dairy products.
- Pescatarian: the only meat eaten is fish; Yes to eggs and dairy.
- Flexitarian: eat mostly plant foods, Yes to small amounts of meat, dairy, and fish in the diet.
More consumers are requesting veg-only options - or are eating more vegetables than they used to, which is creating a balance to receive the correct nutritional value a human needs from each meal.
Globally (due to demand between the age group between 23 and 38 years old) many famous restaurants have put a plant-based option on the menu, and are using traditional methods to inspire their new plant-based inspiration which has made chefs very innovative and have even inspired many consumers to try the plant-based option on the menu because famous chefs worldwide are leading the way !